Vintage 1914 Thayer & Chandler China Painting Set in original wooden case.
This was a popular “cottage industry” in the early 1900’s. Ceramics, porcelain and glass were decorated with “Vitrifiable Color” which are ground mineral pigments that get mixed with a solvent and then fired in a kiln to fuse the color to the object. Use to decorate items, or to do period correct historic restoration of china items.
– Original Thayer & Chandler Wooden Case, very nice with original hardware inttact. NOTE: case has a mild sulphery chemical odor when first opened.
– Original Thayer & Chandler “Hibbard Covered Pallette” – rectangular, white milk glass pallette in metal case with pallette knife/brush tray.
– Original “The China Painter Instruction Book”, Thayer & Chandler, Copyright 1914
– (35) Vitrifiable Color vials, (ground mineral pigment).
– vintage pallette knives, transfer burnisher, mechanical pencils, quill & nibs (various makers)
BONUS: Includes prior owners’s early 1920’s notebook with handwritten color info, inventory, prices, notes, hand drawn sketchs and transfer designs.
*** Includes FREE SHIPPING via USPS Priority Mail. ****